Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baked Goods

Asher and I baked up some muffins during Millie's nap the other morning. They had good reviews on allrecipies.com and used mostly wholesome ingredients that I had on hand. Well, we are making them again today. They were that good. Perfect for snack time! Or any other time really. You can find the recipe here. It makes exactly 12 standard-sized muffins which is kind of nice. We pretty much followed the recipe except we used whole wheat flour. Have fun altering it to your liking!



Now, even though I get really excited about my "healthy" baked goods, I don't think my sweet-toothed husband always has the same appreciation. Which I get. I enjoy a nice buttery cookie every now and then too! Especially hot out of the oven. Mmmmmm. But, I would rather not have 2 dozen buttery cookies hanging around the house for days after I make them. Ya feel me? Well, thanks to the toaster oven, that is no longer an issue. I will occasionally pick up a pack of "break 'n bakes" and the Ben can throw one or two in the toaster oven as he pleases. Typically we'll do this after the kids are in bed and we can actually enjoy them. If you don't have a toaster oven, you might want to think about getting one...

Cranberry walnut cookies.
Baked to perfection in less than 5 mins in the toaster oven.
Hello love.

No comments: