Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The other fun happening

You may have noticed in the last post I promised a couple of fun happenings to fill you in on and only blogged about one. What was I thinking?

This past Sunday Sara and I drove to Cleveland to witness the baptism of her brother Joe. Fun. It has been amazing to watch Joe respond to God's pursuit these past few months. God's grace and Joe's obedience are enough to bring tears to your eyes. It was such a blessing to be there. I have to admit it was slightly comical to as our good friend Brett Yacovella (about my height) baptized Joe (much taller than me). We weren't quite sure that Brett would be able to bring him back up. But he did.

Indeed, I've been thinking a lot about new life in Christ since Sunday. It's amazing to me to think about a God who pursues and rescues us in the midst of our broken lives. He's just not scared away by anything we are.

Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for blogging! I have been sporadically checking your page since you got the new computer, waiting for you to come back! :)