Monday, July 16, 2007

The Mouse Who Likes Dark Chocolate

I know mice like food and scraps, but chocolate? Dove Promises Dark Chocolate? Ben keeps a stash in the far right drawer in the counter, but lately I've been finding shredded up foil wrapper and pieces of chocolate in the drawer next to it where I keep my dish towels and oven mitts. I didn't say anything at first because I just figured he dropped a piece in on accident and it got smashed when the drawer got opened and closed. Well, I found another couple pieces and finally asked about it last night. Funny, Ben hadn't had a piece of chocolate in some time... We shrugged our shoulders and threw the tidbits away. Well, there was another surprise for me when I went to put some towels away this evening. More half eaten chocolate and shredded wrappers. This mouse (or whatever it is) must get the chocolate and hop in the cozy towel laden drawer and chow down! It makes me giggle to picture the little squirt in heavenly indulgence! I'm just curious how a mouse can keep eating this rich, dark choc., but if a dog gets a hold of it, he's deathly sick. Well, if you've had any experience with chocolate eating mice, let us know!

3 comments:

D.Chap said...

When I was 5 my mom called me from across the house. She asked me to go into my room and look behind the door. I entered the room. Clueless, I look back at her awaiting what it was I was looking for. She asked me what was behind the door. As I partially shut the door, I saw my plastic triceratops, brown and black in color, lying on its side. After reassuring her a few times, I told her it was a dinosaur.

My Mouse Story.

Josh said...

OK, it's clear that you underestimate the illelect of the mouse. You must simply watch the movie Ratouille.

Mr. E said...

THOSE WEREN'T LITTLE PIECES OF LEFT OVER CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWW.....