Monday, July 12, 2010

A Great Way to Cook Zucchini

Asher turned 11 months old today, but instead I'm blogging about zucchini. Updates and pics of the little man to come, promise. Sooooooo, if you're anything like me and have small mountains of zucchini and squash piling up over the summer time, you may appreciate this post. It's probably just my lack of creativity with food, but I continue to do the same thing with my abundant zuchinni: cut it up and saute it in olive oil... add it to pasta sauce... yada yada. (On a strange and random side note, I had a dream recently that I married Curtis Stone (celebrity chef, he's on the Biggest Loser a lot) and all of my mealtime woes were solved. It's okay, I mentioned it to Ben when we both saw a Curtis Stone look-a-like walking down Wooster St. and it triggered the memory). So anyway, if you want to reignite your love for squash, try this: Simply cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices, sprinkle with desired seasoning (I used Creole) add some shredded cheese on top and throw it in the broiler for 5 minutues. The zuchinni is still crispy and the cheese and seasoning add some amazing flavor. I used sharp cheddar tonight (tasted like a Cheez-It!) and I think I'll try fresh parm. next time. Enjoy!

No comments: