Saturday, May 30, 2009

So Much Excitement

It's the end of the school year. We are being showered with love and gifts for baby Martin from every corner. There are birthdays of dear friends to celebrate and weddings to attend. The sunshine is drawing out everyone around us for front yard conversation and backyard fires. Our baby arrives in a few short months and stirs in my belly almost every moment. It's hard to sleep at night with all of these thoughts and excitements slushing around in my head. We have until June 23rd to see if anything happens with our house, but I'm ready to pull it off the market now. I want stability and certainty and to get that nursery set up! God has taught me a lot about patience lately, and even more about how I am not Him, and He is not me. Shocking, huh? Finding strange comfort in Isaiah 55:8-9:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Amy and I celebrating her and Josh's 30th at The JASCARS

Pregnant ladies can party too- Ali and I are due only 2 days apart!


The guys at Catherine White's wedding

A lovely shower thrown last weekend by Judy

No comments: