Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh the cheeks!

Seriously. Is there anything cuter than a little one's face in a hood or hat? Not to mention a snow suit! I'm hard pressed to think of something more adorable at the moment...




Millie and I took a day trip to Cleveland Saturday. Asher stayed behind with Ben and they shoveled after our first good snow. Ben said that a man walked by and Asher (in his normal, extroverted fashion) pronounced, "Hi! I shev-el like Papa". I love to see this little man have pride in helping out and wanting to be like his father. So powerful.

And as for Ben, I am so thankful to have a husband that I can leave one or both kids with for the entire day. That I don't have to worry or think twice, or even write down their schedules and what they should eat because he knows. He's involved. He's engaged. I'm thankful that when he walks in through the door after a long day of work, he jumps right in to play, or get the kids ready for dinner, or whatever needs to happen. And the best part is bedtime. Papa is that bath-man, the story-time guy and the one who leads them into the word and prayer as each day ends. Where would we be without our faithful Papa?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Parenting teams = great marriages, strong families, secure/grounded kids. Way to go Ben and Sara Martin!

Leslie said...

Oh and not to forget - the whole rosey cheeks in the hooded snowsuit look - cuteness X10!